When you are processing operations in Excel, sometimes, you may need to change the negative numbers to the positive numbers or vice versa. Are there any quick tricks you can apply for changing negative numbers to positive? This article will introduce you the following tricks for converting all negative numbers to positive or vice versa easily.
Change negative to positive numbers with Paste special function
You can change the negative numbers to positive numbers with following steps:
1. Tap number -1 in a blank cell, copy it, then select the negative numbers, if the negative cells are not adjacent, select the first negative one, then hold Ctrl key, and select the others.
2. After selecting all of the negative numbers, Right-click to pop out the Right-click menu and click Paste Special…from the menu. See screenshot:
3. And a Paste special dialog box will be displayed, select All option from Paste, select Multiply option from Operation, click OK. See screenshot:
4. The all selected negative numbers will be converted into positive numbers. Delete the number -1. See screenshot:
Using VBA code to convert all negative numbers of a range to positive
As an Excel professional, also you can run the VB code to change the negative numbers to positive numbers.
1. Select the range which containing the negative numbers you want to convert into positive, then click Developer >Visual Basic.
2. There will be a new window displayed. Click Insert > Module, then input the following codes in the module:
Sub Positive Dim Cel As Range For Each Cel In Selection If IsNumeric(Cel.Value) Then Cel.Value = Abs(Cel.Value) End If Next Cel End Sub
3. Then click ► button to run application, and all the selected negative numbers will be changed into positive numbers.
Courtesy: Extend Office